Linux Mint Cinnamon - tooltip font color bug

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Wed Aug 23 22:47:04 BST 2023

Try to see if it works if you set a custom palette for QToolTip with the
ToolTipText role set (and maybe other text roles) *without* setting the
color property in the stylesheet. If it does work, then add some sort of
checking for OS, style (I assume that cinnamon uses a custom style,
possibly with a valid object name) and OS version so that you could
eventually fix that specific target, if you want.

tipPalette = app.palette()
tipPalette.setColor(QPalette.ColorRole.ToolTipText, QColor('red'))
QToolTip.setPalette(tipPalette)

Ensure that you're not setting the color property for generic selectors
(like 'QWidget { ... }')

Maurizio

--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi