Missing QAbstractItemModel.multiData binding

Jakub Fránek j.franek95 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 14 16:21:31 BST 2023

Hello

I am working on a PyQt app that features a large QTableView driven by a
custom QAbstractTableModel implementation. Profiling shows that even after
heavy optimization, the program spends a lot of time calling
QAbstractItemModel.data method.

I think that QAbstractItemModel.multiData method could improve the
performance considerably, however it seems that PyQt does not support this
binding (since it does not even support QModelRoleDataSpan).

My question is: is there any plan of supporting
QAbstractItemModel.multiData method in the future? If there is no such plan
yet, I would like to cast my vote and humbly request this binding in some
future version of PyQt.

Thanks a lot.

Kind regards
Jakub