TLS issue with PyQt6-Qt6 6.5.0 wheels on Debian Bullseye

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Apr 17 09:31:56 BST 2023

Hi Phil,

I am using PyQt6 on Debian Bullseye installed via PyPI in a virtual
environment. With PyQt 6.5.0 and its associated wheel PyQt6-Qt6 I am not
able to use TLS. I think the issue is that starting with Qt 6.5 it is
compiled against libssl 3.x while in the past it was compiled against
libssl 1.x. Can this be made independent of the system wide installation
by compiling the ...-Qt6 wheel against the Qt internal SSL library?

Regards,
Detlev

PS: In the past we already had this issue the other way around with
Ubuntu, which was already using libssl 3.x.

--
Detlev Offenbach
detlev at die-offenbachs.de