PyQt6 stubs

kristof.mulier at telenet.be kristof.mulier at telenet.be
Tue Jul 26 11:18:37 BST 2022

The mypy type checker is giving errors on every signal connection:

error: "Callable[[], None]" has no attribute "connect"

It seems like one needs PyQt6 stubs to prevent mypy from showing errors like this:

[ https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66721309/mypy-showing-callable-has-no-attribute-connect-on-every-connect-in-pyqt | https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66721309/mypy-showing-callable-has-no-attribute-connect-on-every-connect-in-pyqt ]

However, this command doesn't work (I'm on Windows 11 with Python 3.9.12):
> pip install PyQt6-stubs

Apparently, there are no PyQt6 stubs available yet. Is that correct? I found a temporary source for PyQt6 stubs:

[ https://github.com/python-qt-tools/PyQt6-stubs | https://github.com/python-qt-tools/PyQt6-stubs ]

Unfortunately, mypy keeps spitting out errors for every signal connection. How can I fix this?