Python v3.10 and Apple Silicon Wheels at PyPI

Damon Lynch damonlynch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 20:26:49 BST 2021

On Mon, Oct 11, 2021 at 2:43 PM Scott Talbert <swt at techie.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 11 Oct 2021, Damon Lynch wrote:
> >
> > Off topic, but if only I understood why a simple pickle.dumps() on
> Fedora's
> > Python 3.10 can generate this error: SystemError: PY_SSIZE_T_CLEAN macro
> > must be defined for '#' formats
>
> That seems strange.  Do you have a complete reproducer for that?  Which
> exact python3 package version?

python3.10-3.10.0-1.fc35, at this line of code:
https://github.com/damonlynch/rapid-photo-downloader/blob/main/raphodo/thumbnailextractor.py#L843
As I said above, the error is SystemError: PY_SSIZE_T_CLEAN macro must be
defined for '#' formats
To be honest I have not tried to strip the problem down to reproduce it in
its simplest case due to a lack of time and a suspicion that it might be a
known problem.

Damon
--
https://damonlynch.net