Returning struct with Qt DBus?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Mar 25 09:30:42 GMT 2021

Hey Gottfried,

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 06:55:49AM +0100, Gottfried Müller wrote:
> I made some experiments with DBus and Python three years ago. I encoded
> the message data. I used it to transfer a python dictionary.
>
> [...]
>
> Maybe it is an answer and it works today too

I'm afraid this won't help in my case, as I'm trying to implement a
standardized API[1].

As an aside, let me note that pickle allows to run arbitrary code[2], so
anything with access to DBus can now run code in your application. This
might or might not be a security issue in practice.

Florian

[1] https://developer.gnome.org/notification-spec/
[2] https://nedbatchelder.com/blog/202006/pickles_nine_flaws.html

--