cannot make the python build-demo.py work

Suman Chatterjee sumanchatterjee at esri.com
Sat Mar 20 05:08:36 GMT 2021

Hi,
I was able to make a build for mac OS. But struggling to make one for Android.
This the bash script:

export ANDROID_NDK_ROOT=/Users/XXX/testPyQt/Android/sdk/android-ndk-r21e
export ANDROID_NDK_PLATFORM=android-28
export ANDROID_SDK_ROOT=/Users/XXX/testPyQt/Android/sdk
python build-demo.py --target android-64  --qmake /Users/XXXX/Qt5_15/5.15.1/android/bin

(env) xxx2:demo XXX$  sh bash_build.sh

Verifying host architecture 'macos-64'...

Verifying target architecture 'android-64'...

Verifying OpenSSL v1.1.1g...

Verifying Python v3.7.8...

Verifying PyQt v5.15.0...

Verifying PyQt3D v5.15.0...

Verifying PyQtChart v5.15.0...

Verifying PyQtDataVisualization v5.15.0...

Verifying PyQtPurchasing v5.15.0...

Verifying QScintilla v2.11.5...

Verifying Qt v5.15.0...

pyqtdeploy-sysroot: execution of '/Users/XXX/Qt5_15/5.15.1/android/bin' failed: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/Users/xxx/Qt5_15/5.15.1/android/bin

The folders all have the permission. It is not working even with sudo

Let me know how I can resolve the issue??