cannot make the python build-demo.py work

Suman Chatterjee sumanchatterjee at esri.com
Fri Mar 19 18:58:27 GMT 2021

I am trying to explore if I can at all make an Android build using PyQtDeploy for a PyQt project. But I do not seem to get it working. Here are the steps I did in my Windows machine :

  1.  Installed Qt 5.15.0
  2.  Create a new Python environment using Conda and activated the environment
  3.  Installed python version 3.7.2
  4.  Installed PyQtDeploy 3.1.1
  5.  Installed Perl and added to path
  6.  Installed Visual Studio 2019
  7.  Downloaded and extracted the demo files for PyQtDeploy

Then when I run

Python build-demo.py I get the following

(pyqtenv) C:\Users\sumXXX\Documents\pyqtdemo\pyqtdeploy-3.1.1\demo>python build-demo.py
Verifying host architecture 'win-32'...
Verifying target architecture 'win-32'...
Verifying OpenSSL v1.1.1g...
Verifying Python v3.7.8...
pyqtdeploy-sysroot: Python: unable to find an installation of Python v3.7-32.

What I am missing. I tried installing different Python versions but nothing works....

Can anyone guide me in what to do to resolve the error
Thank You
Suman