Overriding QThread.run and calling the default implementation

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Sat Jul 3 23:05:26 BST 2021

Hi Jeremy and thanks for your answer.
The setEnabled is there just for precaution, it's not essential for the
purpose of the test.

Shame on me, as I forgot to mention that I'm on Linux (tested and
reproducible on an old Gentoo with PyQt5.7 as much as with a newer ~2020
Lubuntu with PyQt5.12) and I get the whole UI frozen, including painting
issues due to failed handling of paint events (including geometry changes).

Under some circumstances I was able to keep the UI responsive for some
time, but at a certain point (usually after trying to resize the window)
the UI freezes. I can also confirm that the whole main event loop is
blocked, since I tried to add a QTimer and it doesn't time out.

Thanks,
Maurizio

--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi