Sip 4.19 wchar_t being converted to unsigned short*

Atrin Hojjat atrin.hojjat at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 19:08:13 GMT 2021

I'm using wchar_t* in a function but when running nmake i get the following
error

siptest02myclass.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public:
static void __cdecl myclass::print_wchar(unsigned short *)"
(?print_wchar at myclass@@SAXPAG at Z) referenced in function
_meth_myclass_print_wchar
test02.pyd : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

I think the reason for this error is that in c, wchar_t is a typedef for
unsigned short but in c++ it's a basic type, but i don't know how to fix
it. I'm also using an edited version of configure.py file found here
https://github.com/jazzycamel/PyMyLabel.

sample code to recreate the error :
https://github.com/atrin-hojjat/PythonSipWchar_tError

Tools used: building on windows, sip 4.19, python 3.8 32bit, building with
qttools 5.15 (msvc19) and qmake 3.1