Missing PyQt6-Qt6 6.1

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Apr 8 13:10:41 BST 2021

Hey,

I wanted to test my pytest-qt changes[1] with the last PyQt6 enum/flag
naming changes[2], but it looks like PyQt6 is currently uninstallable
from Riverbank's PyPI server:

   Looking in indexes: https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pypi/simple/
   Collecting PyQt6
     Downloading https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pypi/packages/PyQt6/PyQt6-6.1.0.dev2104051108-cp36.cp37.cp38.cp39-abi3-manylinux_2_28_x86_64.whl (6.7 MB)
   Collecting PyQt6-Qt6
     Using cached PyQt6_Qt6-6.0.2-py3-none-manylinux_2_28_x86_64.whl (46.2 MB)
   ERROR: Cannot install PyQt6-Qt6 and pyqt6==6.1.0.dev2104051108 because these package versions have conflicting dependencies.

   The conflict is caused by:
       The user requested PyQt6-Qt6
       pyqt6 6.1.0.dev2104051108 depends on PyQt6-Qt6>=6.1

There's no PyQt6-Qt6>=6.1 on that server (neither on PyPI), which makes
sense because Qt 6.1 hasn't been released yet[3]. However, it looks like
PyQt6 has the requirement bumped already, and older snapshots are not
available anymore...

Ideally, there'd be a PyQt6-Qt6 wheel on the PyPI snapshot server which
packages the latest Qt 6.1 Beta 2 (and soon 3), but I'd be happy with
any solution which actually lets me install/test snapshots :)

(On a related note, I now have a nightly CI job[4] running my own
project's tests against PyQt from the snapshot server - only PyQt5 for
the moment until QtWebEngine is available with Qt 6, but after that, I
should be able to report potential regressions before releases due to
that)

Florian

[1] https://github.com/pytest-dev/pytest-qt/pull/340
[2] https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2021-March/043713.html