Some questions about next versions of SIP

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Tue Sep 15 19:28:34 BST 2020

Hi Kovid!

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 10:12:55PM +0530, Kovid Goyal wrote:
> So, I looked into moving calibre's build system to use sip5 +
> sip-install and am currently stuck with the following:
>
> [...]

I cannot answer your question, but I just want to thank you for looking at
the SIP v5 port of Calibre. It is currently the largest (and most popular)
package in Debian that is still using SIP v4.

https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibre/commit/a4df5cc67ba6ee82 makes things
a bit better, I have notified our maintainer about that commit. Of course,
using the new build system (with pyproject.toml, etc.) would be even better.

--
Dmitry Shachnev