PyQT5 legacy version support

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Fri Sep 11 19:04:54 BST 2020

Wheels were only published ever for Python 3 as I recall.  And source
distributions were only available on PyPI since 5.14 I think.  You can
get development snapshots on the Riverbanks site, but that's only latest
and only development.

https://riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download5

But...  you can get old stuff from sourceforge it seems.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqt/files/PyQt5/PyQt-5.5.1/

So basically, you can do something but you are asking for trouble when
you have old compiled libraries that you can't rebuild... :|  (referring
to your own .so)

Best of luck.

Cheers,

-kyle