macOS big sur support?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sat Sep 5 17:37:30 BST 2020

Hey,

On Thu, Sep 03, 2020 at 02:32:10PM +0100, Phil Thompson wrote:
> On 03/09/2020 14:22, 孙远航 wrote:
> > (I am sorry for my poor English and for my former email which was
> > sent by mistake)
> >
> > I am using the macOS 11.0 beta6 and PyQt5-5.15.1.dev2008271829.
> >
> > I am developing an app using the bundler py2app. It works well in macOS
> > 10.15 or earlier. But when I open the app in 11.0, the gui will crash (a
> > crash report is attached to the email)
> >
> > It seems that there are some problems with a component called
> > Quartz.  And I also noticed the warning which says that 11.0 SDK is
> > not supported.
> >
> > Could you tell me how to settle the problem? When will PyQt5 support
> > macOS 11.0?
>
> Not before it is released.
> Not before it is supported by Python.
> Not before it is supported by Qt.

For the latter, see:
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-85546

FWIW my application (qutebrowser) seems to not crash so far, but has
some issues with widget style sheets according to an user report:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/issues/5663

This was built with PyInstaller rather than py2app, so that might make a
difference. Or you're on a different kind of machine.

Florian