Crash while updating QLineEdit , calling setText

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sat Oct 31 11:26:12 GMT 2020

Hey Denis,

On Sat, Oct 31, 2020 at 10:38:10AM +1100, Denis Ryndine wrote:
> That looks like all over the place, if you ask me.

Yup!

> I must be doing something fundamentally wrong from my Python script
> that it brings down entire Python runtime in such way.

Either that, or something you're doing is hitting bugs - most likely in
Qt itself rather than PyQt though.

At that point it'd be helpful if you could share a reproducer people
could run locally - ideally in C++ (easier to report a bug upstream with
it if needed, and it'd also make sure those bugs indeed happen in Qt
rather than PyQt), but one in Python would be a first step.

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org
       https://bruhin.software/ | https://github.com/sponsors/The-Compiler/