import error PyQt5.QtWidgets, 32bit Python question

V. Armando Solé sole at esrf.fr
Thu Nov 19 10:49:05 GMT 2020

On 18/11/2020 20:55, Elizabeth Johnson wrote:

> I've also tried just installing Python 3.7.4 directly and pip
> installing PyQt5 (same error, no success) and then trying to
> specifically install the PyQt5 version I mentioned above (still same
> error, no success).

For that one it could be as simple as to install the C++ runtime
redistributables:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and
2019 <https://www.visualstudio.com/downloads/>.

In any case, for windows my advice would be to forget about WinPython or
anything similar use python from python.org with pip to install packages
and eventually installing VS2019 community edition C++ compiler if you
need to compile anything from source.

Best regards,

Armando