[PyQt] Best way to learn the complete pyqt5.

Barry Scott barry at barrys-emacs.org
Fri Mar 6 09:13:27 GMT 2020

> On 6 Mar 2020, at 01:46, Souvik Dutta Chowdhury <souvik.viksou at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Then what would be the best thing to do?

I found that reading the Qt docs was good for most of my needs to understand PyQt.
The only thing I found hard to understand was the"Model/view Table Models" and for that
I read the Mark Summerfield's book "Advanced Qt Programming".

> I mean I might well be doing a task in a certain way but there might be another better way to do it and I might not know.

You are describing all software every written!

Learning betters ways to solve problems is part of the journey we all go on.

I found one of the ideas from eXtreme Programming (Kent Beck et al) has guided my thinking.

"Write only the code you need for the requirements you have."
In other words once you have a good enough solution stop coding.

Don't code for future guessed requirements, as that is almost always
wasted effort (lots of academic research shows this).

The second part is that when the requirements change refactor the code until you have
covered the new requirements, and only when the requirements change.

Barry