[pyqtdeploy] openssl pre-conditions fail while building qt5 on macOS

Kristófer Reykjalín Þorláksson kristofer at thorlaksson.com
Tue Jun 23 20:02:00 BST 2020

I'm trying to use pyqtdeploy to build my application and it's failing
after the configure step with the following errors:

    ERROR: Feature 'openssl-linked' was enabled, but the pre-condition
    '!features.securetransport && !features.schannel && libs.openssl'
    failed.

    ERROR: Feature 'ssl' was enabled, but the pre-condition
    'config.winrt || features.securetransport || features.openssl ||
    features.schannel' failed.

You can find the full qt5 configure+build log here:
https://paste.sr.ht/~reykjalin/dcb15d0e70eba07b254c02cff47a740512b1980c

I've added openssl to my sysroot.json like so:

    "macos|win#openssl": {
        "macos|win#source": "openssl-1.1.0l.tar.gz",
        "win#no_asm": true
    },

And the link to qt5 like so:

    "macos|win#ssl": "openssl-linked",

You can find the full sysroot.json here:
https://paste.sr.ht/~reykjalin/7ec959ecebff8a66a6f6418bcb258a14b7c1c0a0

I'm trying to build this on macOS 10.15.5, using openssl-1.1.0l and
qt-everywhere-src-5.15.0. The only packages currently in use by the
application are PyQt5 and QScintilla. I'm using Python 3.7.5, and
running pyqtdeploy from the virtual environment I'm using for development.

Any help you can provide would be very much appreciated!

Kristófer R.