How to reply to posts

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Jun 15 16:09:58 BST 2020

On Thu, Jun 11, 2020 at 06:07:25PM -0400, Eli Schwartz wrote:
> > If not, how to post via email, not the first time, but post a reply? So
> > far I used digest,clicked to Reply to all and deleted all other
> > messages, but the format was lost and I forgot to change the subject
> > from "PyQt Digest, Vol x, Issue y" to something else. How will
> > nabble.com know it's the same thread?
>
> Digest is a rather awkward mechanism. I guess you could use the mailto
> link I mentioned above, from the OFFICIAL website, and simply copy-paste
> the message you're replying to. For example using Thunderbird's Paste As
> Quotation menu option.

In the mailinglist web interface, you can also opt-in to receiving MIME-digests
rather than plaintext-digests. Depending on your email client you can then
select a single message and answer to that directly. For example, with mutt
you'd press 'v', select the mail you want to reply to, and then press 'r'. No
idea if Thunderbird offers something similar, though.

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org
       https://bruhin.software/ | https://github.com/sponsors/The-Compiler/