build system

Saša Janiška gour at atmarama.com
Thu Jun 11 12:43:56 BST 2020

Hello,

I plan to work on PyQt project (on Linux) using Cython to speed-up possibly
critical parts of my app as well as toprivde Python extension for the 3rd party
C library whose source I'll include. Furthermore, I'll probably use rst/sphinx
for docs (epub/html) and/or ConTeXt for producing PDF output. It would
be nice to provide binaries/packages for MacOS/Windows as well as
generating rpm/deb.

After reading posts like https://www.bernat.tech/pep-517-518/ discussing
package-related PEPs, I wonder what would be appropriate build system for such
project, iow. whether setup.py can handle all of it or some general build
system (CMake/SCons/Meson...) are recommended?

Sincerely,
Sasa

--
Abandoning all attachment to the results of his activities,
ever satisfied and independent, he performs no fruitive action,