safety of (Py)Qt vs wx(Python)

Grzegorz Bokota g.bokota at mimuw.edu.pl
Wed Jun 10 19:01:40 BST 2020

If you write an application for many users you need to asume that user may
have different system versions and even may not have administrative
privileges on their machine.
There are still things that are forced to say on older systems. For example
if you would like to have a stable CUDA environment on Ubuntu it should be
LTS, and on the nvidia page you can download only drivers for 16.04 and
18.04.
There are also other "professional" programs that are only supported on
Ubuntu LTS, Centos.

On the other hand there is no problem to install a modern python version on
such an old system to use its full features and write simpler code.

And I do not think that ubuntu 18.04 or centos 8 are old systems.

Grzegorz Bokota