Error when installing PyQt6 from source

RedHuli redhuli.comments at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 22:55:30 GMT 2020

Hello,

With PyQt5, I was able to install the packages using pip with no problem.

Currently, in order to install PyQt6 I must do it from source until the
wheel is made available on PyPI. What is the estimated date for that?

In the meantime, I am trying to install PyQt6 from source. I have installed
PyQt-builder and installed SIP v6 using the information provided here:
https://riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2020-December/043423.html

I moved into the folder for PyQt6 to then perform sip-install, but I get
the following error:

sip-install: pyproject.toml: 'tool.sip.project.qmake': specify a working
qmake or add it to PATH

How do I get qmake? Do I need to install Qt first? Using pip made the
process so much easier.

Thank you for your help.