Pyqtdeploy on iOS: 'openssl/evp.h' file not found

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 06:29:00 BST 2020

After upgrading from python-3.6.4 to python-3.7.2, my pyqtdeploy (2.4) project is having trouble finding openssl headers as it builds python modules on iOS:

/Users/patrick/dev/familydiagram/vendor/sysroot-ios-64/src/Python-3.7.2/Modules/_hashopenssl.c:23:10: 'openssl/evp.h' file not found

I don’t see that header anywhere in the iOS SDK or in the pyqtdeply sysroot. I wonder if pyqtdeploy incorrectly enables some python feature on iOS for python 3.7.2?

I know that sometimes pyqtdeploy has some other errors, like including the QtPrintSupport module on iOS builds (I used sed to remove those init lines).

Cheers,
-Patrick