[PyQt] PyQt5 on El Capitan

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Mon Apr 20 10:36:21 BST 2020

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 06:58:45PM -0700, Brian Prentice wrote:
> > Thus, you'd either need to install the Qt 5.12 LTS, or - given that you don't
> > get security updates from Apple for your OS anymore anyways - Qt 5.13.
>
> What does LTS mean?

LTS does mean "long term support", i.e. you get security fixes for Qt 5.12
until December 2021.

You won't get such fixes (or any upstream support) for Qt 5.13. However, you're
already using an OS which isn't supported by Apple anymore (and not recieving
any security fixes).

> Can I use 5.12 LTS or 5.13, if so where can I get the wheel files?

You can "pip install PyQt5==5.12.3" or use the "Release history" page on PyPI:
https://pypi.org/project/PyQt5/#history

Florian

--
me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP) | https://www.qutebrowser.org