[PyQt] Access to QMediaStreamsControl

Maurizio Berti maurizio.berti at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 00:29:06 BST 2020

I was trying to understand if there's any way to access
the QMediaStreamsControl from QMediaPlayer,
using player.service().requestControl('org.qt-project.qt.mediastreamscontrol/5.0'),
so that I might be able to activate a stream (the most common reason is to
access alternate audio tracks, like foreign languages for DVD/BR).
Unfortunately, all I could get was a basic (useless?) QMediaControl.

Am I missing something here?
I tried to do some research, and it seems that the sip sources don't
include any of that, but maybe I was just shooting in the dark there.

The behavior exists on my usual and old PyQt 5.7, but also in my test
machine with 5.12.

Thanks,
Maurizio

--
È difficile avere una convinzione precisa quando si parla delle ragioni del
cuore. - "Sostiene Pereira", Antonio Tabucchi