[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v5.13.1, PyQtWebEngine v5.13.1, SIP v4.19.19 Released

Marko Luther marko.luther at gmx.net
Sat Sep 14 07:20:24 BST 2019

Dear Phil,

> On 13. Sep 2019, at 19:53, Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
>
> PyQt v5.13.1, PyQtWebEngine v5.13.1 and SIP v4.19.19 have been released. These are all minor functional releases.
>
> The wheels for PyQt3D, PyQtChart, PyQtDataVisualization and PyQtPurchasing have been updated with Qt v5.13.1.

Thanks for this release! However, I couldn't manage to get the current Qt 5.13.1 on installing PyQt5 on a clean system via

# sudo -H python3 -m pip install PyQt5
Collecting PyQt5
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/99/72/33de63d443df4fc0c81f83bf573025823b773ef0ba81ea43b89aff3cd626/PyQt5-5.13.1-5.13.1-cp35.cp36.cp37.cp38-abi3-macosx_10_6_intel.whl
Collecting PyQt5_sip<13,>=4.19.19 (from PyQt5)
  Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/bf/f5/d1dbebdc5f508c04141e19bc2fdbe9efbd2c0c660c384052f84778a815fd/PyQt5_sip-4.19.19-cp37-cp37m-macosx_10_6_intel.whl
Installing collected packages: PyQt5-sip, PyQt5
Successfully installed PyQt5-5.13.1 PyQt5-sip-4.19.19

Thus I got the PyQt 5.13.1 as requested.

Is there a trick, are those latest Qt libs not yet on pip or have those Qt libs be updated somehow separately?

Thanks for your support,
Marko