[PyQt] pyqtdeploy-sysroot: Unable to find an installation of Python v2.7

Mike 157106257 at qq.com
Fri Sep 13 16:15:56 BST 2019

Dear Phil

I used Pyinstaller before, it's really easy to use as you said, thank you anyway with no more question on this issue.

Best regards
Mike

From: "Phil Thompson"<phil at riverbankcomputing.com>;
Date: Fri, Sep 13, 2019 10:48 PM
To: "Mike"<157106257 at qq.com>;
Cc: "pyqt"<pyqt at riverbankcomputing.com>;
Subject: Re: [PyQt] pyqtdeploy-sysroot: Unable to find an installation of  Python v2.7

On 13/09/2019 14:29, Mike wrote:
> Dear Friends
>

> My python version is 3.7.1, when I use the pyqtdeploy with command
> 'python build-demo.py'(demo from pyqtdeploy) I got the error message
> below:
>     "pyqtdeploy-sysroot: Unable to find an installation of Python v2.7"
> Please help me on how to fix it, thank you very much

Install Python v2.7 which is needed to build Qt from source on Windows.

I *strongly* recommend you use a different tool, eg PyInstaller, which
you will find easier to use.