[PyQt] Doubt

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Thu Oct 3 16:16:55 BST 2019

On 2019-10-03 09:36, Dennis Jensen wrote:

> This would rely upon the type of contractor they got conscientious or
> lazy -- as there are a lot of lazy minded coders out there -- okay what
> can I do in order to put in the least amount of effort regardless of
> what the code looks like when I am done -- and I know this because I am
> one of those individuals that gets brought behind these lazy minded
> coders to clean up the major mess that they left behind as they either
> left of were finally let go.

Designer does not generate Python (nor C++) code.  That's what the uic
programs are for.  You can even load .ui files into PyQt without there
ever even being Python source code (in a file or otherwise).
Regardless, it's generated stuff just like any other.  Do you also get
upset at coders when their .pyc files are illegible?  What about their
.o files?  or .exe?

Doing more work is not the same as being a better coder.

Nobody is arguing Designer should always be used or that the resulting
.py files should be read.  I in part used it because it allows
non-Python-developers to drop in my custom widgets and add values to
them as to what data feeds they should be hooked to and layout the
entire dashboard with drag'n'drop.  My actual code is all but unaware of
any specific thing about the gui.  Just searches and finds the various
sorts of generic widgets it knows about and hooks them up to the data
signals.

Cheers,
-kyle