[PyQt] private sip 5 for pyqt?

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Nov 29 16:54:22 GMT 2019

Sorry, more details:

It's not PyQt where I'm having the private sip problem.  It's PyQt3D.  PyQt compiled successfully with default sip 5 install.

Maybe PyQt3D needs updating for the new sip?

> On Nov 29, 2019, at 10:45 AM, William Kyngesburye <woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>
> I'm updating my Qt stack, but ran into the private sip problem again with sip 5.  I'm building all PyQt stuff from scratch because I want to link to an installed Qt and want control over the target system (macOS).
>
> First, I found that the simple pip install does NOT install private.  So I'm building it as I normally do.  But the build system has changed for sip - instead on configure.py, it now has a setup.py, and there are no options for setting the private PyQt.sip module.
>
> How do I build a private sip 5?
>
> -----
> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>
> "This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"
>
> - The Ruler of the Universe

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"We can die but once, and that once we must die.  To be always fearing, then, would not avert it, and would make life miserable."

- Tarzan, on death