[PyQt] Unicode errors with PyQt5?

Tiger-222 contact at tiger-222.fr
Tue Nov 26 11:02:14 GMT 2019

Just to let you know that I have no more issue with PyQt 5.13.0 and newer.
>From the changelog, I guess the fix is one of those commits, but realy it is
just a naive guess:

    2019-06-25 Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com>

        lib/configure.py, qpy/QtCore/qpycore_api.h,
        qpy/QtCore/qpycore_post_init.cpp.in, qpy/QtCore/qpycore_qt_conf.cpp:
        The support for qt.conf is now enabled at run time rather than
        compile time.
        [59568b1d96e6] <5.12-maint>

    2019-06-24 Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com>

        PyQt5.msp:
        QObject._getattr_() now accepts a utf-8 encoded attribute name.
        [8d83d3192363] <5.12-maint>

    2018-09-29 Phil Thompson <phil at riverbankcomputing.com>

        PyQt5.msp:
        Fixed QByteArrat.at() and _getitem_() to return a byte with Python
        v3.
        [8dd77fcfeebb] <5.11-maint>

Anyway, a big thank you :)

-----