[PyQt] PyQt 5.13.2 build error: module 'sipbuild.api' has no attribute ‘prepare_metadata_for_build_wheel'

FX fxcoudert at gmail.com
Sun Nov 10 14:14:40 GMT 2019

> Any example would be trivial. Unpack the sdist, change to the directory and run sip-install.

% pwd
/private/tmp/pyqt-20191110-90198-mdziag/PyQt5-5.13.2
% sip-install
sip-install: Unable to import 'project.py': No module named ‘pyqtbuild'

The documentation does not have anything pyqtbuild. It does have something about  PyQt-builder, but it’s not clear it is the  same as pyqtbuild? And even so, it’s only mentioned in the "Bundling Qt Using pyqt-bundle”, which is not what I am trying to do.

FX