[PyQt] Use pyqtProperty on QObject instance

Patrick Stinson patrickkidd at gmail.com
Thu May 30 18:18:34 BST 2019

I am playing with dynamically adding signals, slots, and properties at class-declaration time using locals(). The following code works with pyqtSignal and pyqtProperty, but not pyqtSlot? It looks like pyqtProperty can read the attributes from fset and fget, but pyqtSlot doesn’t read the attribute from name?

class PropertySheet(QObject):

    @staticmethod
    def _setup_pyqtProperties(classAttrs, fields):
        def closure(attr, kind):
            qsignal = pyqtSignal()
            getterName = attr
            setterName = 'set' + attr[0].upper() + attr[1:]
            getter = lambda self: self.get(attr)
            setter = lambda self, x: self.set(attr, x)
            qproperty = pyqtProperty(kind,
                                     fget=getter,
                                     fset=setter,
                                     notify=qsignal)
	    qslot = pyqtSlot(kind, name=setterName)
	    ret = {}
            ret['%sChanged' % attr] = qsignal
            ret[getterName] = qproperty
            ret[setterName] = qslot
            return ret
        for k, (attr, kind, label) in enumerate(fields):
            propAttrs = closure(attr, kind)
            classAttrs.update(propAttrs)

class QmlPersonProperties(PropertySheet):

    FIELDS = [('firstName', str, 'First Name'),
              ('middleName', str, 'Middle Name'),
    ]
    PropertySheet._setup_pyqtProperties(locals(), FIELDS)