[PyQt] Error while running a custom C++ plugin in PyQt5

Deepak Hosamane Deepak.Hosamane at lntebg.com
Wed May 29 11:21:14 BST 2019

Hello,

I am currently trying to create a custom plugin using C++ ( MSVC 2015 , x64) , Python (3.5.4 , x64) , Qt (5.12.3, msvc2015_64 ) & PyQt (Installed on my machine using pip.exe )
The custom widget builds fine, the .dll and .pyd files are created properly without any errors.
However, when I use this custom widget and try to import it in python, it gives me an error: "ValueError: PyCapsule_GetPointer called with incorrect name".
PyQt applications work properly in python though, only custom widgets give me this problem.

I never faced any such issue when I was creating c++ widgets while using older version of PyQt ( Python 3.4 , Qt 5.4.0 )
Do I have to write something extra or different in the configure.py files while building custom widgets?
Any help would be welcome!!!

Thanks,
Deepak

Larsen & Toubro Limited

www.larsentoubro.com

This Email may contain confidential or privileged information for the intended recipient (s). If you are not the intended recipient, please do not use or disseminate the information, notify the sender and delete it from your system.