[PyQt] Eric, debugging a flask application

Guðjón Guðjónsson gudjon.i.gudjonsson at gmail.com
Sat May 25 07:01:19 BST 2019

Hi Detlev

Thanks for the answer
On Fri, May 24, 2019 at 8:02 PM Detlev Offenbach
<detlev at die-offenbachs.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is flask executed in a separate process? I don't know how the flask web server
> is started. Maybe you have to run the flask web server main script within the
> debugger.

When I tried to make a small example of the problem, it just works.

Introduction to Flask can be found here:
http://flask.pocoo.org/

A simple example:

hello.py
"""
from flask import Flask
app = Flask(__name__)

@app.route("/")
def hello():
    return "Hello World!"
"""

$ pip install Flask
$ FLASK_APP=hello.py flask run
 * Running on http://localhost:5000/

But for debugging I got a hint from
https://wingware.com/doc/howtos/flask

and the script is changed to:

hello.py
"""
from flask import Flask
app = Flask(__name__)

@app.route("/")
def hello():
    retstr = "Hello World!"
    return retstr

if __name__ == "__main__":
    # Preferably check if Eric debugger is active before switching off
Flasks internal debugger
    app.debug = False # Switch off Flask internal debugger.
    app.run()
"""

This works fine in the Eric debugger

But for some reason this doesn't work in the program I want to debug.
It doesn't stop at my
breakpoints. But when I moved the debug to a parameter in the run
command it works.

if __name__ == "__main__":
    #app.debug = False
    app.run(debug=False)