[PyQt] Problem quitting QApplication using qt_app.exec_()

Marceepoo marc at marchankin.com
Thu Mar 21 16:32:53 GMT 2019

I'm a python hobbyist; not a professional.
My QApplication ('LayoutExample') has two problems:
1.  The quit btn function ('sys.exit(app.exec_())') produces an error
message (AttributeError: 'LayoutExample' object has no attribute 'exec_');
and
2.  I can't figure out how to put a QTextEdit field so that it appears
beneath the quit btn, i.e., lower down on the QApplication window beneath
the quit btn.

I'd appreciate any suggestions about how to learn what I'm missing, so that
I can address these problems.
I'm embedding the code below, and uploading the script "as is" and in a rar
file so that it will be convenient for anyone who wishes to download it.

Lastly, please tell me if I did this posting correctly, or if I should have
done something differently when posting this request for help.

Thank you.
                              Marc

Here's the code:

PyQt_-_QApplication_problems_with_quitting_and_btn_placement,_for_Nabble_listserve_aaa.py
<http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/file/t55193/PyQt_-_QApplication_problems_with_quitting_and_btn_placement%2C_for_Nabble_listserve_aaa.py>
PyQt_-_QApplication_problems_with_quitting_and_btn_placement,_for_Nabble_listserve_aaa.rar
<http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/file/t55193/PyQt_-_QApplication_problems_with_quitting_and_btn_placement%2C_for_Nabble_listserve_aaa.rar>

--
Sent from: http://python.6.x6.nabble.com/PyQt-f1792048.html