[PyQt] Incorrect Makefile using .prl files from Qt 5.12.4

Hans Gaiser hansg91 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 16:03:30 BST 2019

Hi there,

Since Qt 5.12.4, .prl files use $$[QT_INSTALL_LIBS] variables to
indicate the absolute location in which Qt libraries are installed. In
Qt 5.12.3:

cat /usr/lib/libQt5Gui.prl

QMAKE_PRL_LIBS =  -lQt5Core -lpthread

However, in Qt 5.12.4:

cat /usr/lib/libQt5Gui.prl

QMAKE_PRL_LIBS = $$[QT_INSTALL_LIBS]/libQt5Core.so -lpthread

These variables are not substituted by sip. The package I am using, uses
sip to generate a Makefile. Because of this issue, in my Makefile I have
an entry along the lines of:

LFLAGS = <....removed for clarity....> -lQt5Core -lpthread -lQt5Gui
$$[QT_INSTALL_LIBS]/libQt5Core.so

This LFLAG causes failure during compilation. Should sip parse these
variables, or should these variables not be in .prl files in the first
place (in which case it is an upstream issue)?

Best regards,

Hans