[PyQt] pyqtdeploy and Pillow

Charlie Iturriaga vectorcharlie at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 20:54:44 BST 2019

Hi, I am working succesfully with pyqtdeploy for a pretty extensive
application. I just tried to add a pillow import, and I am getting the
following error when executing the application:

from PIL import Image,ImageDraw,ImageFont
  File "bootstrap.py", line 1035, in _handle_fromlist
  File "bootstrap.py", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "bootstrap.py", line 983, in _find_and_load
  File "bootstrap.py", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "bootstrap.py", line 668, in _load_unlocked
  File "bootstrap.py", line 638, in _load_backward_compatible
  File ":/PIL/Image.py", line 93, in <module>
ImportError: cannot import name '_imaging' from 'PIL' (:/PIL/__init__.pyo)

I guess a plugin module needs to be created, but can't find a lot of
information on how to do it.

Anybody has a guide to make Pillow work with pyqtdeploy?