[PyQt] QApplication.clipboard() segfault on GNU/Linux

Tiger-222 contact at tiger-222.fr
Tue Jul 23 16:35:57 BST 2019

Hello,

I am using Python 3.7.3 with the latest PyQt 5.13.0 on Debian GNU/Linux 9.
In my app, I got a segfault, and I think this is related to what happens
below:

    >>> from PyQt5.QtWidgets import QApplication
    >>> QApplication([]).clipboard().setText("azerty")
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type QClipboard has been deleted
    >>> cb = QApplication([]).clipboard()
    >>> cb
    <PyQt5.QtGui.QClipboard object at 0x7f514d298708>
    >>> cb.setText("azerty")
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    RuntimeError: wrapped C/C++ object of type QClipboard has been deleted

Is it desired? Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

-----
Mickaƫl Schoentgen.
[FR] Personal blog: http://www.tiger-222.fr