[PyQt] Qt 5.13: Segfault on exit with Windows + QtWebEngine

BPL spscener84 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 23 15:07:52 BST 2019

Florian,

Is this thread related to the other one I'd opened few days ago called
"QtWebEngine
crashing with certain app attributes
<https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2019-July/041969.html>"?

Asking as that thread hadn't been replied at all but this seems to be
related (it also crashes on exit)... btw, I'd opened that thread here in
the pyqt mailing list
but I wanted to test it first on c++. Unfortunately for some reason
qtcreator wouldn't find qtwebengine (which I installed with
the maintenance tool on top of an existing qt installation):

untitled.pro:

QT += gui webenginewidgets

CONFIG += c++11 console
CONFIG -= app_bundle

DEFINES += QT_DEPRECATED_WARNINGS
SOURCES += main.cpp

# Default rules for deployment.
qnx: target.path = /tmp/$${TARGET}/bin
else: unix:!android: target.path = /opt/$${TARGET}/bin
!isEmpty(target.path): INSTALLS += target

main.cpp:

#include <QApplication>
#include <QtOpenGL/QtOpenGL>
#include <QtWidgets/QDockWidget>
#include <QtWidgets/QPlainTextEdit>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
    bool MAKE_IT_CRASH = true;

    if (MAKE_IT_CRASH) {
        QCoreApplication::setAttribute(Qt::AA_UseOpenGLES);
    }

    QApplication a(argc, argv);

    QWebEngineView *view = new QWebEngineView(parent);
    view->load(QUrl("http://qt-project.org/"));
    view->show();

    return a.exec();
}

Probably this is a different issue but the fact you've said "you didn't Cc
the list" made me wonder if this could
be related somehow