[PyQt] How to build pyqt sources to provide the same content than official wheel?

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Sat Jul 20 16:27:44 BST 2019

On 2019-07-20 10:34, BPL wrote:
> If I look in retrospective is funny though, that QTBUG-74492 is the
> first one I've ever been involved with,
> this bug was opened in 21.03.2019 and after few months passed nobody
> was working on it or they didn't
> know what the problem was. I decided to spend some days bisecting the
> bug and finding the root cause
> of the problem, thanks to that the author who introduced the bug in the
> first place could fix it properly in few days. In any case,
> finding the issue was really tricky and the fix ended up to be quite
> "trivial" one. The moral of the story here is,
> for something as trivial as this one you'll need to wait quite a lot of
> time to get
> a proper release... and that's assuming you're interested enough to
> help Qt team to narrow it down. The
> workload of Qt devs isn't small neither... which indicates there is
> room to optimize development in that company.
>
> Bug opened in 21.03.2019 and official release with the fix delivered in
> 15.08.2019... That's quite a lot
> of time to wait for...

The indication here is that you are highly judgmental of a company that
is giving you decades (times many developers) worth of code for free.
If my searching is correct, there are 878 issues with more votes than
the four that yours had.  It's really not unreasonable that to get it
resolved you had to put in some time and then you have to wait for a
normal next release cycle.  It's not like this is a security bug or a
regression causing significant problems for the majority of users.
Start paying Qt for individual priority development support and then
this can start being considered 'a long time'.  Though even then I
wouldn't expect it to cause a release.

-kyle