[PyQt] How to build pyqt sources to provide the same content than official wheel?

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sat Jul 20 14:10:32 BST 2019

On Sat, Jul 20, 2019 at 02:53:29PM +0200, BPL wrote:
> Anyway... I'll try again to see if I can make it work but hopefully a new
> pyqt wheel with this annoying bug fix
> https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-74492
> will land soon at pypi, I've got some opengl tools in place where this
> glitch makes really annoying work with them, it's a really disturbing bug :/

As you can see in the bug report, the fix lands in Qt 5.12.5, 5.13.1 and 5.14.0.
Via the Qt wiki, you can see when those are planned to be released:

https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.12_Release (5.12.5: 27.08.2019)
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.13_Release (5.13.1: 15.08.2019)
https://wiki.qt.io/Qt_5.14_Release (5.14.0: 26.11.2019)

After a new Qt is released, usually a couple of days afterwards, PyQt gets
updated (might be a bit longer for new feature releases like 5.14 will be).
So if you're okay with upgrading to Qt 5.13, you'll hopefully see an updated
PyQt in a month or so.

I'd also recommend subscribing to the Qt Releasing mailinglist - it's quite
low-traffic, and you get announcement mails when Qt updates are released, or
when there was a release team meeting (with the meeting minutes):