[PyQt] How to build pyqt sources to provide the same content than official wheel?

BPL spscener84 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 20 13:53:29 BST 2019

> configure.py will introspect your Qt installation to see what can be
> built. If there are missing .pyd files then your Qt installation doesn't
> contain the corresponding libraries.

I see, ty to clarify, this makes a lot of sense... so basically one of my
mistakes is the way
I've configured qt base before building is probably missing some parameters

> You have to build the sip.pyd module separately as described in the
> documentation.

If something it's already docummented then of course... I'm the only to be
blamed, ty to point out :)

You don't copy your Qt installation, PyQt (when build from sources) will
> use it where it is.

Oh, I didn't know this neither... that's one of the main reasons why I'd
said "unusable" in the first place :P

> I never build Qt.

Good to know, so could you please confirm if pyqt use the packages uploaded
here https://download.qt.io/archive/qt/ ?

Anyway... I'll try again to see if I can make it work but hopefully a new
pyqt wheel with this annoying bug fix
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-74492
will land soon at pypi, I've got some opengl tools in place where this
glitch makes really annoying work with them, it's a really disturbing bug :/

Thank you very much.