[PyQt] QtWebEngineWidgets doesn't work on Windows and Linux only Mac

Jay Kamat jaygkamat at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 00:04:03 GMT 2019

Starglider Developer writes:

> but QtWebKit was removed from PyQt5 and replaced by QtWebKitWidgets.

Is that true? I'm still using QtWebKit via PyQt5 currently.

> The problem is that in linux (Debian 9.6 64 bit) it gives a
> error:QOpenGLShaderProgram: could not create shader program!

I've heard that's usually caused by some quirk with nvidia's drivers. Have you
seen:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-qt4/+bug/941826
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-71488

This might be interesting as well:
https://github.com/qutebrowser/qutebrowser/commit/b3f395453b828ebbc9467596f14db9738f965718

> and doesn't show nothing, in Windows 7 32 says it can't import
> QtWebKitWidgets but in Mac it works fine (3.7/PyQt5 5.11) I try several
> versions of python and PyQt5 in windows 32 and 64 bit, and was unable to
> import QtWebKitWidgets

I think that error means webkit was not built into PyQt5