[PyQt] Dev setup on windows

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Thu Feb 21 17:38:55 GMT 2019

On 21 Feb 2019, at 5:19 pm, Patrick Stinson <patrickkidd at gmail.com> wrote:

> How are others developing pyqt apps with sip extensions on windows? I have done this many ways the last 15 years, but it has always been a pain.
>
> Developing a sip extension means you can’t use the qt/python binary installers because you don’t get the sip/python/qt headers and libs. But it is unclear how to install python/sip to a sysroot when building from source. But maybe I’m missing something from that route?

The Python binary installers include everything you need as far as Python is concerned. The Qt binary installers include everything you need as far as Qt is concerned.

Building sip (with the code generator and header file) is simply running configure.py and nmake. It is best to do this in a venv. This is my development environment.