[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v5.12 and SIP v4.19.14 Released

Dmitry Shachnev mitya57 at ubuntu.com
Sat Feb 16 14:18:31 GMT 2019

Hi Phil!

On Sun, Feb 10, 2019 at 01:29:24PM +0000, Phil Thompson wrote:
> PyQt v5.12 (and related packages) and SIP v4.19.14 have been released.
> These add support for Qt v5.12 including the new QtRemoteObjects module.

SIP v4.19.14 is not on SourceForge [1]. Is that because you are planning to
stop using SourceForge at all, and upload tarballs only to your website?

If yes, is there some page where we will be able to download historical
tarballs? E.g. when SIP v4.19.15 is released, will we be able to download
v4.19.14?

Such a page will be useful for tools such as uscan (debian/watch) [2].

If you uploaded .tar.gz tarballs to PyPI, in addition to wheels, it would
work too, as we would be able to use a page like [3] for this purpose.

(The same applies to PyQt.)

[1]: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqt/files/sip/
[2]: https://wiki.debian.org/debian/watch
[3]: https://pypi.org/simple/pyqt5-sip/