[PyQt] Help with getting sip built on Windows

Neil Jansen njansen1 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 01:53:16 GMT 2019

So since I got the build environment working, I kept going and managed to
get a pyqtdeploy sysroot built for the demo project.  Then tried to build
the demo with pyqtdeploy-build.  It's failing, with this message:

pyqtdeploy-build --target win-64 --sysroot sysroot-win-64 --build-dir
build-win-64 --verbose pyqt-demo.pdy
Cleaning C:\Tools\pyqtdeploy\demo\build-win-64
[...]
Freezing
C:\Tools\pyqtdeploy\demo\sysroot-win-64\lib\python3.5\_sysconfigdata.py...
Execution of 'pyqtdeploy-build' failed with error code 1

I can confirm it doesn't exist in the sysroot-win-64/lib/python3.5
directory).  If I remove sysconfig from the list of dependencies in the PDY
editor GUI, and retry, it'll get much farther along in the install.
However the pyqt-demo.py calls it out as a dependency so I'd like to get it
fixed so that I can build the demo.

So, why did my sysroot not generate a _sysconfigdata.py?  I can't find much
information on what it does, or which operating systems it's applicable to,
or how it's generated.

Here's some information on my setup:

OS: Windows 7 Enterprise
Architecture: 64-bit