[PyQt] Packaging with sip5

Antonio Rojas arojas at archlinux.org
Fri Dec 13 11:08:06 GMT 2019

El viernes, 13 de diciembre de 2019 11:48:38 (CET) Phil Thompson escribió:
> On 13/12/2019 06:51, Antonio Rojas wrote:
> > El jueves, 12 de diciembre de 2019 23:38:41 (CET) Phil Thompson
> > escribió:
> >>
> >> If you run 'sip-build -h' you will see there is a '--no-make' option.
> >>
> >> Phil
>
> What did you do with SIP v4? The generated Makefile should be very
> similar.

With SIP4 I did:
./configure.py
make
make install DESTDIR=foo
The first two commands don't do anything outside the build tree, only the last one cares about the target install dir.

The same commands work with sip5, but IIUC configure.py is deprecated and one should use sip-build now. What I'm looking for is a way to build pyqt inside the build tree (similar to the old configure.py + make) that doesn't try to write to the target dir.