[PyQt] PyQt license

kristof.mulier at telenet.be kristof.mulier at telenet.be
Tue Aug 20 13:45:51 BST 2019

Hi @Kyle and @BPL,

We 'compile' the .py files into .pyd files with Cython. Then we freeze them together.
To be honest, I'm not into all the details, because Matic is taking care of the
packaging.

The IDE we're making is developed from scratch and focused on microcontrollers only (so it's not a general purpose IDE). Our business model is:
 - Offer support (for an hourly rate).
 - Charge microcontroller vebdors (STMicroelectronics, Texas Instruments, ...) to support their chips.

To charge the microcontroller vendors, we got to have a large user base first. Otherwise they'll never take us serious. We want to keep the IDE free for all users (also commercial users) and will try to get our income through other means (like the microcontroller vendors, paid support, ...). We also got to eat, you see ^_^

If you want, send a mail to info at embedoffice.com , so we'll keep you updated about the launch.
Soon we'll turn our name into "Embeetle", but for now, you got to mail to "EmbedOffice".

Kind greetings,

Kristof Mulier