[PyQt] SIP: sipdistutils.py not installed

Zdenko Podobny zdenop at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 08:14:07 BST 2019

pip3 install sip -U
Requirement already up-to-date: sip in c:\program
files\python36\lib\site-packages (4.19.8)

But based on announcement[1] the latest version is SIP v4.19.16.

Other problem is that when do "import sipdistutils" I got error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<pyshell#2>", line 1, in <module>
    import sipdistutils
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'sipdistutils'

But when I look at sip package it is there: sipdistutils.py. I found I am
not the only one with this problem[2].
Will this fixed so we can get the latest sip package via pip including
sipdistutils?

[1] https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/news/sip-41916
[2]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51420803/modulenotfounderror-no-module-named-sipdistutils-while-install-python-poppler