[PyQt] Diamond Inheritance with SIP 4.19.15

Scott Talbert swt at techie.net
Sat Apr 6 02:01:57 BST 2019

On Sat, 6 Apr 2019, Phil Thompson wrote:

>> I'm seeing a compilation error when trying to compile wxPython 4 with SIP 4.19.15 (4.19.14 works):
>>
>> ../../../../sip/cpp/sip_corewxVarHVScrollHelper.cpp: In function ‘void* cast_wxVarHVScrollHelper(void*, const sipTypeDef*)’:
>> ../../../../sip/cpp/sip_corewxVarHVScrollHelper.cpp:1332:62: error: ‘wxVarScrollHelperBase’ is an ambiguous base of ‘wxVarHVScrollHelper’
>>         return static_cast< ::wxVarScrollHelperBase *>(sipCpp);
>
> Can you try tonight's snapshot? If you confirm that there are no remaining problems then I'll make a new release.

Thanks for the quick response.  The original error is now fixed, but now
I'm getting:

../../../../sip/cpp/sip_corewxHVScrolledWindow.cpp: In function ‘void*
cast_wxHVScrolledWindow(void*, const sipTypeDef*)’:
../../../../sip/cpp/sip_corewxHVScrolledWindow.cpp:3142:62: error:
‘wxVarScrollHelperBase’ is an ambiguous base of ‘wxHVScrolledWindow’
          return static_cast< ::wxVarScrollHelperBase *>(sipCpp);

This is the full class hierarchy:

//                   wxAnyScrollHelperBase                      |
//                            |                                 |
//                            |                                 |
//                            |                                 |
//                            V                                 |
//                  wxVarScrollHelperBase                       |
//                   /                 \                        |
//                  /                   \                       |
//                 V                     V                      |
//  wxVarHScrollHelper                 wxVarVScrollHelper       |
//       |          \                   /           |           |
//       |           \                 /            |           |
//       |            V               V             |           |
//       |           wxVarHVScrollHelper            |           |
//       |                      |                   |           |
//       |                      |                   V           |
//       |         wxPanel      |    wxVarVScrollLegacyAdaptor  |
//       V     V          \     |             V     V           |
//  wxHScrolledWindow      \    |        wxVScrolledWindow      |
//                          V   V                               |
//                    wxHVScrolledWindow                        |

Thanks,
Scott